Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

We forgot about Earth Hour until it was already 7 minutes in, but we managed to get the computers off, the lights out, and the battery chargers and nightlights unplugged to participate for a bit. If I'd had my wits about me, we would have gone much longer, but we were expecting company and I'd failed to plan for it. How lame of me. Nonetheless, there was lots of opportunity for learning about the proper use of fire and matches (and possibly the encouragement of two budding pyromaniacs - ack!). I love glowing candle shots. There's lots more at Earth Hour's Flickr Photostream. The boys got out lots of extra candles. Mostly they accidentally blew them out then insisted on relighting them.
I folded laundry to candlelight. It's probably a good thing that I couldn't tell which was the right side of the handkerchiefs - it doesn't ultimately matter how they're folded, I just have obsessive tendencies...

No comments: