Monday, February 22, 2010

Beethoven's Ninth Symphony

This morning, the boys spent some time conducting Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. This is the fourth movement, just before Ode to Joy. I had looked up the scene from Immortal Beloved when Ode to Joy plays (which was amazing on the big screen, when I was 15) on YouTube and after watching it, played one of the related videos which was just the music itself. I realized after a moment of listening that the children were moving all about behind me. I turned to find they'd both procured conductor batons (I believe they were out for magic wands for Aleks' Harry Potter obsession) and were flailing madly around the living room "conducting" the music.

Pay no attention to Aleks' uncombed hair and pajamas. Where are these kids' parents?!?

No comments: