Sunday, December 6, 2009

Aleks Persuasive

I completely forgot why we didn't get to the garlands and lights on Monday. Then I remembered. Papa decided that regardless of what we all had planned, that we should drive him downtown to the library so he could continue to work on the source he's been looking for for three years for his dissertation. Ridiculous, right? Who cares about his stupid dissertation? Ha.

Anyway, we agreed and he also suggested we go to the West Side Market so we could get some lamb for his big dinner plans (thanks my ingenious purchase of the Le Creuset Doufeu and Mastering the Art of French Cooking for our anniversary). We acquiesced to this request as well. I also thought since we were there, we'd head to the thrift store for half-priced Monday.

After dropping Papa off, Aleks started in with a "let's go to the zoo!" I explained repeatedly why going to the zoo was not on my agenda. I have a hard time with unexpected transitions. I was not happy about this zoo talk. I get all unreasonable when my plan changes. It's very difficult for me to not be snappish and mean. Very difficult. But then I saw the parking lot at the thrift store and remembered why no one who is sane goes to the Lorain Unique's half-priced Monday: because everyone goes.

Thus, we stopped, bought our lamb, got back in the car, then went to the zoo. Well, the rainforest anyway. It was far too chilly for the full outdoor experience.
A leaf gecko stuck to the glass. Wonder if his name is Esteban or similar. The sign didn't say.
Those Francois monkeys again. This baby monkey is jumping.
After all my talk of how these things would look perfectly normal smoking and drinking espresso, Aleks drew a picture of one doing just that.

No comments: