Saturday, March 8, 2008

Nothing Doing

There's a rumor going around that there's a ban on all non-emergency vehicle travel right now here in Cleveland. Not sure of the validity, but the plow hasn't come to our house in two days, so it doesn't much matter. Unless, of course, we get a great urge to get our Accord stuck in the two feet of snow covering our driveway, and even if we didn't, seeing as everything is closed, where on earth would we go? Not very far would be the right answer. You know it's bad when even the bars are closed. We are unfortunately out of many grocery necessities at the moment as well. I used creamer on Bastian's cereal the last two days. Today we ate homefries with cheese and peanut butter on toast. Looks like lots of grains in our future the next couple of days. We'll be fine, but I'll surely miss my eggs in the morning and either Bastian's gonna have to do without cereal or I'll have to do without cream in my coffee if this goes on much longer. We do have plenty of rented dvds, Ben & Jerry's, and beer, though, so we're all set for lounging. The problem with that is that I've been doing plenty of lounging lately and should instead be working on cleaning the house (since I'm stuck in it, after all) and maybe working on my new chapbook. We'll see.

Right now, Bastian is harassing me for the camera, whose lens he never fails to fingerprint and whose wrong buttons he never fails to press. Time to break out the collage box.

No comments: