Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baking Bread

I woke up and started furiously trying to clean my house and get things ready for my friend Julie to come over to learn to knit. Since all the unschoolers were off at the Unschoolers Winter Waterpark Gathering, there wasn't really anyone in town to make more Valentines with. Within two hour of waking, I'd done the dishes, swept, picked up, cleaned the bathroom, gotten dressed, and whipped up a batch of dough for whole wheat bread. Then I got the boys to come do some kneading. I think I was a little surprised by how ineffective little hands are and by how little the dough had risen in the cold of the house.
I'd really like to be baking bread more than I have been. We have been more than usual, but it'd be great if we could make it every day and use it instead of store-bought. That's a long road at the moment, though.

No comments: