Friday, December 5, 2008

December 5th

This morning we waited a bit before opening the day's envelope. When Aleks got around to it, it read:
The sky did not look like it would get clear enough for stargazing. Meanwhile, a friend of mine's life fell apart and I spent the day on the phone. We decided to make the evening simple and fun by watching Lord of the Rings and ordering pizza. Lord of the Rings always feels Christmas-y to me, which doesn't make much sense. I suppose it's just because the original release dates were always right around the holidays.

Later, while the boys were all cuddled up with Papa, watching the first half of The Fellowship of the Ring, I realized the sky had actually cleared up, but it was quite late and I didn't want to interrupt their movie. We decided to try again tomorrow.

No comments: