Monday, April 7, 2008

Pew! Pew!

Bastian plays "pew! pew!" all day everyday. This has been going on for months. I think it started in November, but I'm not really sure. We assume it came from listening to the sound effects on Aleks' Star Wars Lego game. With any two objects, he'll have a little battle. One morning when we were all sleeping and he was awake lying in bed, I peeked open one eye to see that he was playing the game with just his hands. It usually goes like this:

1 - Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew!
*explosion sound*
2 - Aaaahhhhh!!!

I compiled a collection of the different things that he pew-pews with, though it is far from complete.

Here he is with the marble run.Lego guys.
Gourds and Lego guys.
Ducks and assorted bath toys.
A whale and a monkey at the library.
Pieces of the Haba animal stacking game.
Brio trains and blocks.
Star Wars action figures from his stocking, Christmas morning.

A full-out battle with Papa, where Bastian has a ray gun (long ago destroyed by use) from Big Fun and Papa has a flashlight (remarkably still functioning):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw heck, the video won't play for me. But I had to comment because mine "battle" too. This was a bit hard for me to come to terms with, but I can't deny the entertainment value of seeing a three-year-old "take out" a six-foot 250 lb. man.

anna kiss said...

When I started to put it in terms of feeling powerful, it all started to make a lot more sense to me. I've encouraged Aleks to use the word powerful too, which helps me to remember why it's "okay" for the kids to battle. The violence still makes me cringe sometime.