Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Every Tuesday for Four Years

Nearly every Tuesday for the last four years, we have gone to our local, independent video store, Vidstar, to check out two free kids movies. Just recently, Bastian started getting to pick one of them, which means that I now have two official children as opposed to one child and a baby. Time is passing so, so quickly. And yet so slowly. Which reminds me of my favorite quote about motherhood: The days are long, but the years are short. So true, so true.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I feel this saying is all to true in my girls as well. Just as clearly as holding my oldest Kira in my arms for the first time, I realize she is so close to becoming a young woman. Were have the years gone and why can't we slow them down just a little. I am sure all mothers feel this way. My youngest just turned two and has decided she is no longer the baby....we must refer to her as a big girl. Where did the time go?